Boneless grilled chicken breast can be juicy and delicious every time with the right preparation and cooking techniques.
Without the proper preparation boneless grilled chicken breast can be very dry, bland and boring to eat. We eat a lot of grilled chicken, and especially now that it’s grilled season there’s no better way to cook it. A lot of people don’t like leftovers but in our house we do leftovers. So we grill a big batch of chicken breast and eat it all week. I change up the sides but it’s always a vegetable. We are trying to eat healthy and with a 10 month old this has been a relatively easy way for us to do so.
The process we use is easy and doesn’t take very long….but it makes a big difference in the way the chicken tastes.
First of all you need a meat tenderizer to help flatten the chicken. We do this step every time and it’s crucial for juicy chicken breast. I layer the chicken between wax paper or sedan wrap and use the flat side of the meat mallet and pound lightly until it’s all even in thickness.
After your chicken has reached a temperature of 165 degrees let it rest for about 5-10 minutes on a platter under an aluminum foil tent.
I hope you enjoy this as much as we do…after all, we eat it All.The.Time! 🙂
- 4 chicken breast flattened to even thickness
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pepper (more or less to taste)
- Rinse chicken and place on wax paper or seran wrap
- Cover tops with more paper
- Use a mallet and flatten chicken
- Remove top paper and sprinkle with seasonings, flip over and sprinkle other side as well
- Let chicken rest while the grill is heating
- Clean grill
- Spray grates on grill so chicken won't stick
- Get grill very hot
- Make sure grill is 425 degrees
- Place chicken on grill in the middle, parallel to grates and 3/4 of the way to the back
- Cook with lid closed for 6 min
- Close lid and cook for 6 more min
- Check and see if the juices are clear at this point and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from grill and insert a thermometer and make sure internal temperature is 165 degrees
- Place on a platter and cover with foil for 5-10 min before eating.
- We use a grill nonstick cooking spray to spray the grates.