Halloween Cookies made using a box of halloween funfetti cake mix. These cookies are so easy to make and taste delicious. Oh, and they’re cute and festive too!!
I have a favorite cookie that I make during Christmas (recipe coming soon) and it’s very similar to these funfetti cookies. As I was walking through Target and was checking out the fall/Halloween section I saw they had the halloween funfetti boxes of cake mix and I thought I could make those Christmas cookies into a Halloween version.
These Halloween Cookies in addition to the cake mix, uses a block of cream cheese, one egg, one stick of butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. I saw Halloween sprinkles and thought they would be a fun addition but it’s not required. My 2.5 year old wasn’t a fan of the eye balls so I didn’t use many of them. lol! Store these cookies in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
- 1 box Halloween Funfetti Cake Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 block of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 stick of butter at room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp additional sprinkles (optional)
- In a large bowl beat together cream cheese and butter until well mixed together and smooth. Add egg and vanilla and mix just until combined.Add cake mix , a little at a time and mix in each addition until fully incorporated. If using the optional sprinkles add those in and and stir gently.Chill dough for at least 30 minutes or up to one hour.Preheat oven to 350 degreesShape dough into 1" balls and roll into powdered sugar.Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper 2" apart and bake for 10-14 min; rotating pan halfway.Allow to cool on pan for 2 minutes and then cool on wire rack. Cookies should be golden brown on bottom and hold its shape well; if the cookies are lacking those things then continue to bake for 3 minute intervals.