Holy Cow Cake-Chocolate cake topped sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce which is then topped with whipped topping and chopped butterfingers. Hence the name..Holy COW!
I had to ask my mom to send me this Holy Cow Cake Recipe cause it had been years since I had this. She use to make this when we were younger but I don't think she's made it for probably 14 or 15 years. Which is way too long to go without having this yummy cake.
Holy Cow Cake doesn't get much easier to make but the results are so tasty. I would say the most time consuming part is chopping the butterfinger candy bars into pieces or if you're lucky enough to find a bag of chopped butterfinger baking bits in your baking aisle or you can order from Amazon then I would use those. I have had a bag in my pantry for a while and wanted to use them so that's how I decided I would make this cake the other day. Plus we had family in town so it's nice to have a dessert prepared that we can all enjoy after dinner.
This cake does not technically fit into the traditional Thanksgiving Day desserts but that doesn't mean it can't have a spot on your dessert table. Lots of people prefer rich cake desserts over pie. I personally love the whole dessert table! 🙂
Holy Cow Cake
- I box of chocolate cake mix I used Devil's Food
- I can of sweetened condensed milk
- Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- Chopped Butterfingers approx 1 cup around 4 large size
- Bake cake according to box directions in oven temperature on box.
- When cake has finished baking then remove from oven and poke holes in it using a fork.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over cake.
- Pour half a jar of caramel topping over the cake (I used approximately ½ cup)
- Then let cake cool completely.
- Spread the cooled cake with thawed whipped topping and top with crushed butterfingers.
Looking for another cake recipe? Here's my angel food cake recipe.