I hope you are looking for a new chicken recipe to add to your collection because I have one for you! It's a yummy slow cooker dinner that you will love. This meal came together quickly and white rice is the perfect add on.
When my husband found out we were having chicken wings for dinner he asked if I was fixing my usual recipe. I said, "no" and he had a look of disappointment. He loves my grandma's chicken wing recipe that I usually fix. However, once dinner was served he was quite fond of this new recipe and said I needed to make it again. As for the other chicken wing recipe, it will be shared later on. 🙂
Asian Style Chicken Wings
- About 3 pounds of chicken wings 16 approx
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Using a sharp knife, cut off tips of wings at the joints to make 32 pieces (approx)
- Place wings on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a slow cooker combine hoisin sauce, honey, ginger, sesame oil, and garlic.
- Add chicken pieces; stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 ½ hours. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm-or low heat setting for up to 2 hours.