Homemade buttermilk waffles- The perfect weekend breakfast!
I hope you have a fabulous weekend planned. These waffles would make a great start to your fabulous weekend! I love making a big breakfast on the weekends. It's usually our "thing."
During the week I don't make a big breakfast and we don't have much time to even sit down to eat a big breakfast. It's usually scrambles eggs, peanut butter toast or granola for Jason and oatmeal for me. With that said, by the time Saturday is here I am ready for a slow paced morning which involves us drinking coffee, reading the news online and listening to the Avett Brothers. Annndd, of course eating a sweet breakfast such as these Buttermilk Waffles or this french toast.
There is really not much more time involved when making homemade waffles from scratch versus using a mix. I mean no more than five minutes and the results are much worth it.
I promise! 🙂
This is the waffle maker that I use. It does the job, but I know there are better ones on the market. This waffle maker is our second since we have been married. Our first one broke and this one was bought on a whim one Friday night when I was craving waffles for Saturday morning breakfast.
I hope you have the chance to enjoy the weekend and slow down to spend time with the ones you love. Life flies by, as does the weekend and Monday morning will be here soon enough.
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs slightly. Stir in buttermilk, oil and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to the flour mixture.
- Stir just until moistened. Don't overmix.
- Pour 1 to 1 ¾ cups onto waffle maker which has been lightly greased.
- Close lid and do not open until done which will depend on your waffle maker.
- When done remove from maker and dot with butter.
- Place on a baking sheet in a warmed oven to keep warm while making the rest of the waffles.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
Leave a Reply