Chocolate chip dip is a sweet, creamy and chocolaty dip that's best served with graham cracker sticks. This is also well known as a chocolate chip cheeseball.
Chocolate Chip Dip is a Christmastime staple for me. It's one of my favorite recipes and as soon as the holidays roll around I start to crave it.
This dessert is one of my FAVORITES! I've been making it for over ten years and anytime I take it somewhere I always get asked for the recipe. This recipe makes a lot too so if you've got multiple houses you attend for the holidays and depending on how big your parties are you might be able to divide it out.
What's in Chocolate Chip Dip?
It's incredibly quick and easy to make this, but make sure you allow time for it to chill in the fridge before serving. When serving this I prefer the graham cracker sticks over the graham crackers themselves. I also always grab the cinnamon flavored ones instead of the honey. I've tried this with all the options and the cinnamon graham sticks win every time.
When making this I feel like I'm making a cooke dough cheesecake but the crust is what we use to dip. Basically that's what this is. Another option, but one I don't do, is to shape the cream cheese mixture into a ball and roll it in the pecans and serve it as an actual cheeseball. I've always preferred a dip style when making this.
Here's some more Christmas recipes: peppermint bark popcorn, mint crinkle cookies,
and my favorite gingerbread cookies.
Chocolate Chip Dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¾ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Graham Cracker Sticks for serving
- In a medium sized bowl beat cream cheese, butter until light and fluffy. Add sugars and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Allow to sit at room temperature about thirty minutes until ready to eat to allow it to soften a bit. Serve with graham cracker sticks.
Leave a Reply