I think most people will agree that one of the greatest flavor combinations is chocolate and peanut butter. It is soo good! I do not know what it has taken me so long but I just bought my first bag of Reese’s peanut butter chips. Seriously! I have some ideas on how I want to use these little peanutty morsels but first I had to try out the recipe on the package. I am glad I did because they are de-lici-ous!!
In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa. baking soda and salt.
After the dry ingredients have been mixed with the wet ingredients use a cookie scoop, or roll into balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet or baking mat.
Enjoy these cookies with those you love…..or just hoard the platter of cookies and keep them all to yourself. 😉 Have you ever done any baking with the peanut butter morsels before? I would love to know!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/4 cups 2-1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups of peanut butter chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with mixer until fluffy
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well
- Gradually add the flour mixture and beat well
- Stir in peanut butter chips
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 9 minutes and allow to cool slightly before moving to a cooling rack.