Crunchy Cheddar Chicken-Baked chicken breasts with an outer layer of crushed corn flakes and cheddar cheese.
An advantage of writing a food blog is that it forces me to always think about recipes and cooking/baking. I’m constantly thinking of new recipes to try or trying to get my brain to remember recipes I use to like but have not fixed in a long time. Crunchy cheddar chicken is one of those recipes. I have been making this chicken dish since before my husband and I were married. However, I haven’t fixed it in a really long time and it was time for it to make an appearance. I’m glad it did because we enjoyed it very much.
This dish comes together quickly so it makes a great weeknight meal when you are rushed to get dinner on the table. I served broccoli and potatoes to go on the side of this crunchy cheddar chicken.
I used cheddar cheese in this dish but in the past I have also used parmesan. I prefered the cheddar though. It also calls for corn flake crumbs which I noticed you can buy in a container already crumbled. I just purchased the store brand of corn flakes and used my food processor to make my own crumbs.
Here are some similar recipes:
Crispy Cheddar Chicken
- 3/4 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1 envelope Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
- 3/4 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts Mine were larger in size and I used 3
- 1/4 -1/2 cup butter melted (I recommend starting with a 1/4 cup and adding more if you need it)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Rinse chicken breasts pieces
- Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate combine corn flake crumbs, ranch dressing mix, and cheese.
- In a bowl add melted butter
- Dip chicken in melted butter and then roll into the cheese mixture
- Place chicken in the baking dish
- Once all pieces are coated if theres any leftover butter or cheese mixture I add it to the chicken
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until juices run clear.