Homemade Magic Shell-Chocolate sauce poured over ice cream that instantly hardens into a hard shell. So easy and tasty too!
Make your own homemade magic shell with only two ingredients!! Yes, please!! I have a lot of easy recipes on my blog but this one is probably the easiest to make. Two ingredients and five minutes later you have a delicious homemade ice cream topping.
What's in Magic Shell
- Coconut Oil
- Semi Sweet Morsels-I prefer to use semi-sweet but you can play around with different flavors.
This can be made in the microwave but I prefer to use the stove top. One saucepan is all you need and a whisk or spoon. Once the chocolate is melted and the coconut oil and chocolate are well mixed then you can remove it from the heat. I store mine in a mason jar and these lids make storing anything in glass jars so much easier.
You can keep this in your cabinet for a month. I don't recommend the refrigerator because the magic shell will harden. However, I have done this and it just needs to be melted again. Place it in the microwave for 10 seconds at a time until it's melted again.
Homemade Magic Shell
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp coconut oil measure oil when it's in a solid form
- In a medium size saucepan add coconut oil and chocolate chips.
- Cook on low-medium heat, stirring often.
- When chocolate is all melted and combined with the oil remove from heat.
- Store in a heat proof container.
- After all is melted, if your mixture is not completely smooth then you can run it through a sieve to catch any solid pieces.
Leave a Reply