Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes-Chocolate cupcakes, creamy white frosting, hot fudge sauce, nut topping, sprinkles…and a cherry on top!
Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes are made using a boxed cake mix. Of course, you can use your own from scratch recipe, if you prefer. I applied a generous layer of creamy white frosting to the tops of the cupcakes using an offset spatula. Then I piped on the rest of the frosting. What’s a Hot Fudge Sundae without hot fudge, right? So, I carefully poured the fudge sauce onto the frosting and sprinkled on nuts and sprinkles. The finishing touch is the cherry on top!
These cupcakes are easy to make and the presentation of them will make people think you’ve slaved for hours in the kitchen. I made the frosting from scratch, but if you prefer to save some time and buy the tubs of frosting then that will work too.
Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes are perfect for your next party. You could set up a Hot Fudge Bar and let your guests add on their favorite Sundae toppings. There are so many fun options!
The best part of these cupcakes is actually eating them with a bowl of ice cream. After all, they are Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes.
The ice cream and frosting are soo good together. The chocolate cake and hot fudge aren’t too bad either.
Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes
- 1 2- layer-size chocolate cake mix
- 1 jar of hot fudge sauce or you can use homemade
- Chopped Nuts
- A jar of maraschino cherries with stems
- Two tubs of white frosting if not making from scratch
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- about 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven according to the temperature on the box you're using
- Fill muffin pan with liners
- Prepare cupcakes according to package directions.
- Allow cupcakes to cool in wire racks completely before frosting.
- Spread a generos layer of frosting over the tops of the cupcakes.
- Pipe the remaining amount into a swirl on the top of the frosting base.
- Carefully, drizzle warmed, hot fudge sauce on top of the frosting.
- Immediately, sprinkle with nuts and sprinkles.
- Top with a cherry.
- In a large bowl shortening and vanilla for about 30 seconds.
- Add two cups of the powdered sugar, beating well.
- Gradually add the reaming powdered sugar.
- Add in the milk one tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
Here are some other cupcakes recipes that I have had fun making: