Homemade Lemon Orange Ice Cream- The perfect summer treat.
I love today’s recipe which means I am so excited to finally share it with you. Homemade ice cream is a summer staple and I grew up eating this flavor of homemade ice cream. Lemon-orange ice cream is so refreshing. It’s the perfect way to cool off on a hot summery day.
The ice cream is flavored by using lemon and orange extract. The flavor is not super potent. In fact, most people would not know they were eating the flavors of lemon and orange unless you told them. That is what makes this so refreshing. It’s sweet and icey but not super heavy and loaded with flavored add-ins like most ice cream. If you want a stronger flavor just add a little more of the extracts.
This ice cream uses milk, heavy whipping cream, sugar, eggs, lemon extract and orange extract. I hope you give this a try really soon. It’s my favorite part about summer!
I used my Kitchenaid Ice cream maker attachment. It does not fit all the ice cream mixture at one time so I made mine in two different batches. It worked just fine but you will want to use the guidelines based on your ice cream maker.
I have very fond memories of my grandma and grandpa making this ice cream during our summer cookouts. I loved it so much that my grandma would sneak the leftovers home with me. 🙂
Linking up at:
Lemon Orange Ice Cream
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 gallon milk I use whole
- pint of heavy whipping cream 2 cups
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of orange extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of lemon extract
- 2 cups sugar
- I whisked the eggs in my mixer to help break them apart easier. Then, I added the rest of the ingredients and mixed them together. Once the ingredients are combined add them to your ice cream maker. I let the ice cream maker churn for about 30 minutes and then froze the ice cream for two days before we ate any. I also made mine in two batches because of the size of my ice cream maker. I refrigerated the second batch until my ice cream bowl was ready to use again.