Happy Friday! Are you as ready for the weekend as I am? I am looking forward to watching a couple of movies and relaxing. We do not have any plans and I hope it stays that way. Sometimes it is nice to let the weekend unfold gradually.
If the baking bug hits you this weekend you should consider whipping up these peanut butter bars. They're pretty delicious and do not take long to make. Also, you probably already have the ingredients at hand.
Peanut Butter Bars
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats uncooked
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Cream together the butter and sugars; blend in egg.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, salt, flour and oats; gradually add to creamed mixture. Spread batter into a greased 13"x9" baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spread melted chocolate chips then drizzle with glaze; swirl with a knife.
- Let cool; cut into pieces.
- Mix together all ingredients to a spreadable consistency