One of my favorite cookies to make during Christmas requires a butter flavored cake mix. I usually buy a couple of boxes in November to have on hand for when I decide to make the cookies. However, I mistakenly bought a yellow cake mix and it has been in our cabinet since.
Last week I decided I needed to use it but didn't want to make the cake itself. I flipped through some cookbooks and found a recipe for this bundt cake and decided I would make it since I had all the ingredients.
This cake can easily be made by using a mini bundt pan which I don't have. Those little cakes always look adorable!
Do you have a favorite recipe that require a cake mix? I would love to check it out.
Praline Bundt Cake
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup toffee bits
Glaze and Garnish
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup toffee bits
- Heat oven to 350 degrees for a shiny metal pan or 325 degrees for a dark or nonstick pan.
- Grease pan with shortening and lightly dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed.
- Beat on medium speed for two minutes.
- Fold in pecans and the ½ cup toffee bits.
- Pour batter into pan
- Bake for 18-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over med-high heat.
- Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and milk.
- Heat to a rolling boil over med-high heat, stirring frequently; remove from heat.
- Immediately beat in powdered sugar and vanilla with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Immediately drizzle over cooled cake and sprinkle with toffee bits.
Your bundt cake looks wonderful!!! Especially with that topping!!!
Thanks, Maria! What a sweet comment! 😉
Thank you ,I will try to do it.
I have never tried cake , These cake looks awesome!