I *think* this will be my last "Valentine's Day" recipe. I can't make any promises though. These mini doughnuts can be made anytime but I chose to decorate mine with my Valentine's sprinkles. Maybe it's because I had about three containers of sprinkles devoted to the said holiday. Okay, it was six. I promise I emptied a few of them though so now I really do have three!
These mini doughnuts are so delicious and didn't take very long to make. Next time I will pipe the filling into the pan rather than spoon it into the pan. It's easier to get an evenly round doughnut by doing so.
After the doughnuts have cooled take one at a time and dip into a bowl of icing. Then, dip into a bowl of sprinkles. I had various bowls filled with different sprinkles. The kid in me had fun!
Mini Cake Doughnuts
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray mini doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl stir flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt together.
- Add buttermilk, egg, vanilla and butter.
- Stir until combined.
- Fill each doughnut cavity approximately ½ full.
- Bake 4-6 minutes or until the top of the doughnuts spring back when touched.
- Let cool in pan for 4-5 minutes before removing.
- Finish with glaze and sprinkles!
- In a bowl, stir together the sugar, milk and vanilla until the sugar is dissolved.
- Use immediately.
Great work here bro do you use WP or BlogEngine?