I *think* this will be my last "Valentine's Day" recipe. I can't make any promises though. These mini doughnuts can be made anytime but I chose to decorate mine with my Valentine's sprinkles. Maybe it's because I had about three containers of sprinkles devoted to the said holiday. Okay, it was six. I promise I emptied a few of them though so now I really do have three!
These mini doughnuts are so delicious and didn't take very long to make. Next time I will pipe the filling into the pan rather than spoon it into the pan. It's easier to get an evenly round doughnut by doing so.
Mini Cake Doughnuts
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray mini doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl stir flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt together.
- Add buttermilk, egg, vanilla and butter.
- Stir until combined.
- Fill each doughnut cavity approximately ½ full.
- Bake 4-6 minutes or until the top of the doughnuts spring back when touched.
- Let cool in pan for 4-5 minutes before removing.
- Finish with glaze and sprinkles!
- In a bowl, stir together the sugar, milk and vanilla until the sugar is dissolved.
- Use immediately.