Skillet Bacon Alfredo-Bacon, rigatoni, heavy whipping cream, Parmesan cheese, and peas all cooked together in only one skillet.
Happy December 1st! I decided that before I start flooding your screen with Christmas treats you need this Skillet Bacon Alfredo in your life. This quick and easy weeknight supper is perfect for the busy season that this time of year brings.
This dish is all made in one skillet and it does not take long to prepare. It also taste really, really good! Plus. it has bacon. Win, win all around!
This skillet bacon alfredo is great served with a side salad or french bread. It even comes together quick enough to serve for lunch. I loved using rigatoni pasta for this. The sauce is not very heavy so the smaller size pasta works perfectly with this recipe. I love one skillet recipes because of the easy cleanup. One skillet to wash...YES! Sign me up!
Here's the recipe!! ENJOY!
Skillet Bacon Alfredo
- 4 slices thick-sliced bacon coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces dried rigatoni pasta
- 1 14 ½ ounce can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup peas frozen or canned
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese 1 ounce plus more for garnishing
- Crumbled crisp-cooked bacon (optional)
- In a large deep skillet cook the 4 slices bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon and set aside.
- Stir in garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds more.
- Stir in pasta, broth, the water, salt, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring once.
- Stir in peas, whipping cream, and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook and stir about 2 minutes more or until heated through.
- Add bacon.
- Serve immediately. If desired, top with more crumbled bacon and more cheese.
Check out some more of my pasta recipes: