Taco Pizza- Store bought pizza crust , refried beans and your favorite taco toppings give you two of your favorite dishes in one.
Taco Pizza is a quick and easy meal you can get on the table on a busy night and clean up is easy, too.
After a busy day I don't feel like I have the time to prepare a big meal for dinner and tacos are always a "go to" for me, but sometimes I still want something different. Tacos in Pasta Shells are a delicious way to change it up, but taco pizza is now a new favorite for us.
Using store bought pizza crust really helps to cut down on time, but if you'd prefer to use your trusty homemade pizza dough recipe that will work too.
I opened a can of refried beans and heated them up in a microwave bowl, which allowed the consistency to be spreadable and that's what I used as the "sauce" for the pizza.
Top with cheese some salsa and your favorite toppings for a yummy taco pizza.
- 1 13.8 package of refrigerated pizza crust
- 8 oz. lean ground beef
- 1 can of refried beans
- ½ cup salsa
- Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Unroll pizza dough onto the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Bake about 8 minutes or until set.
- Cook ground beef until browned.
- Drain off fat.
- Spread the partially baked crust with refried beans, a layer of salsa, a layer of cheese and sprinkle with the meat mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottom of the crust is golden brown when lifted slightly with a spatula.
- Slice into individual slices and each person can top with their favorite toppings.