Chippy Chewy Bars. They. Are. Decadent! It’s got a graham cracker base, a layer of peanut butter chips, coconut, & sweetened condensed milk, and a chocolate drizzle on top. Also, when a recipe starts out with melted butter you know it’s a good one. Am I right?!?
Today’s post was originally shared on Kristen’s blog. If you’re not reading Kristen’s blog then you’re missing out on great content!
Are you ready for a bar recipe that is full of great flavors and is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth? I’ve got a delicious one for you today!!
I love a good bar recipe because they’re easy to make and easy to transport. And, I usually have all the ingredients in my pantry. Double win!
The base of these Chippy Chewy Bars is crushed graham crackers. You can buy a box of graham cracker crumbs, but I like to save a buck so I buy them whole and crush them myself.
On top of the graham cracker crumbs are peanut butter chips, followed by flaked coconut, then another layer of peanut butter chips. A can of sweetened condensed milk is poured over all those yummy ingredients and then it bakes in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
These already decadent bars get a final touch with a drizzle of chocolate over the top. Yumm!!!
I wish I could personally share these with you, but, unfortunately that’s not going to happen. So, you’re going to have to whip these up yourself to find out how yummy they are.
Chippy Chewy Bars
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 2/3 cups of Peanut Butter Chips divided
- 1 //2 cups Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 can 14 oz.sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 teaspoon shortening
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Place butter in a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Place pan hot oven and allow the butter to melt. Careful not to burn the butter, so watch carefully.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over the top of melted butter.
- Use the bottom of a cup and pack the crumbs, tightly.
- Layer one cup of the peanut butter chips on top of the graham cracker crumbs.
- Sprinkle coconut on top of the chips.
- Sprinkle the remaining ⅔ cup of peanut butter chips on top.
- Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the top of the bars.
- Gently press down.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Place the ½ cup of chocolate and shortening in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 25 seconds. Stir.
- Microwave again for 25 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Once bars are finished baking, allow to cool about 5 minutes and then drizzle chocolate over the tops.
- Allow to cool completely on wired racks.
- Cut into bars and store in an air tight container.