Cookies’n’Cream Cookies-Chocolate cookies loaded with white chocolate morsels and bits of Hershey’s cookies’n’cream candy pieces.
Hey, guys. Can you believe today is the last day of September?!? To be honest, I am not sad to see it go. This month I have been sick for about half the month. Not exaggerating. I started out the month with bronchitis. I never thought that was going to leave. It lingered for several days even after I was finished with my medicine. Then last week I came down with the flu and probably some other junk. I am still not feeling 100% better. Actually probably not even 50% better. With that said, I hope tomorrow I wake up feeling better and that October will be a great month!
So I’ve been wanting to make cookies & cream cookies for a little while but wasn’t sure how I wanted to make them. I thought about a couple of different ways I could make them but nothing really seemed to be something I wanted to do.
That all changed when I was walking through the grocery store and I spotted these Hershey’s Cookies’n’ Cream drops.
Since it clearly states on the package that there is no candy shell I figured that these would be perfect for the cookies I had been wanting to make. Guess what?!? They worked out great!
I think it helps to cut the pieces of candy in half. If you do that it helps distribute more candy into the cookie…which is great. Also, if you chop the pieces then they become so small that they just blend in with the cookie. So, if you cut in half then you have bites of cookie that have the distinct cookies and cream taste.
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/4 cups 2-1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1- cup Hershey's Cookies'n'Cream Dops
- 1/2 cup White chocolate Morsels
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt
- Beat butter for about 15 seconds in a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and mix until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well
- Gradually add the flour mixture and beat well
- Stir in the candy pieces and morsels.
- Using a cookie scoop drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes and allow to cool slightly before moving to a cooling rack.