Crock pot bbq ribs-A slab of baby back ribs coated with a dry rub, placed in the crock pot and your favorite barbecue sauce poured over the top. Easy and Delicious!
Baby Back Ribs with a thick layer of BBQ sauce cooking all day in the crock pot…Sign me up!
These BBQ ribs are so easy to make and taste delicious. I would know since I’ve made them a gazillion times. A gazillion could be a slight exaggeration…but it’s pretty close.
Jason loves BBQ ribs so I started making them in the crock pot and he always says how delicious they are. I agree and I love how easy it is to make these and the clean up is minimal too. That’s a win-win for me!
Please excuse the raw meat shot. I wanted to share a picture of the dry rub that gets massaged into the slab of ribs.
Since we just officially, though not really, ended summer, and school is in full swing I think it’s a good time to let the crock pot do some cooking for you. I love my crock pot!
I’m such an unashamedly girly girl and don’t like to be dirty so I won’t order ribs at a restaurant because I don’t want to get BBQ sauce all over my face. However, by eating BBQ ribs at home allows me to enjoy the ribs, mess and all.
BBQ Ribs in the Crock Pot
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 5-6 lb.s baby back ribs
- 2-3 C favorite bbq sauce
- Combine paprika, brown sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub the mixture over the meaty side of the ribs
- Place ribs in slow cooker standing them upright with the meaty side against the wall of the cooker.
- Pour the barbecue sauce over the ribs
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours until tender
- Remove ribs and allow to sit for 15 minutes (cover with foil)
- Cut ribs apart
- Cover with bbq sauce left in cooker if desired