Peanut Butter Pie- Graham cracker crust with crushed roasted salted peanuts filled with a sweetened creamy peanut butter filling.
So, I made a pie. It's a peanut butter pie. It is good.
I kid! We've got peanut butter pie to talk about today. You know how some peanut butter pies are really just a giant Reese's Peanut Butter Cup? They're totally delicious, btw! However, this pie is not that. I'm not saying that it is not delicious, because that it is. I am letting you know that it is not a giant Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Man, I'm glad I cleared that up.
This pie is for those of use who have scoured the pantry looking for a snack or something sweet and when our eyes spotted the beloved jar of peanut butter we heard angels singing. Then we grabbed a spoon (or maybe just used a finger) and engulfed the said peanut butter. Yea, this is that kind of pie. It is specifically for PEANUT BUTTER devotees.
The crust is a graham cracker crust with the addition of crushed roasted salted peanuts. Homemade graham cracker crust is super easy and tastes so good! I added the peanuts and graham crackers to my ninja food processor bowl and it created a fine, crumbly texture. Then I added the sugar and butter and pulsed it a couple of more times and I was done. You can use a drinking glass, your hands or one of these to pat the crust into the greased pie plate.
Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 5oz sleeve of graham crackers (about 9 whole crackers)
- 1 cup roasted salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablepoons butter slightly softened
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9 inch pie plate
- In a food processor, combine graham crackers, peanuts, and sugar and pulse until blended.
- 3 to 4 times.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon crumb mixture for garnish.
- Spoon crumb mixture into pie plate and press on the bottom and sides of pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes and let cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl combine peanut butter, and cream cheese. Beat at medium speed with a mixer
- until smooth.
- Add sugar and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Add milk and beat on medium to high until combined.
- Mixture will thicken while it's being mixed.
- Pour into cooled crust and refrigerate for four hours or until firm.
- Garnish with crumb mixture.
- Store in refrigerator for 2 days.
Leave a Reply