Pumpkin Pie Toffee Cheesecake -Pumpkin pie layered on top of a toffee flavored cheesecake and on a cinnamon graham cracker crust. This pumpkin pie toffee cheesecake is delicious and always gets great reviews.
The weather has been so fall like that I couldn't resist making a pumpkin pie toffee cheesecake over the weekend. I've been making this cheesecake for Thanksgiving for many years now and I should have shared it on here before now. However, I'm sharing it now and in plenty of time for fall get togethers and Thanksgiving.
In order to make this cheesecake you need to have a springform pan such as this one. Also you need toffee chips which can sometimes be difficult to find. They're located in the baking section of our Target but our Kroger doesn't carry them. Amazon has them as well. However, make sure to get the plain toffee chips and not the chocolate covered ones.
This pumpkin pie toffee cheesecake takes two hours to bake so make sure to be prepared for your oven to be occupied during that time. Also, it needs to chill for several hours in the fridge before it's really ready to be eaten. I actually would recommend making it the day before and wrapping it really well in plastic wrap because I think it tastes better that way. Let it chill for several hours and then wrap in the plastic wrap if you plan on serving it the next day.
This is one of the best pumpkin cheesecakes so I hope you make this recipe. Make sure to pin it so you will remember it around Thanksgiving time. Also, if you're wanting more pumpkin recipes check out these cookies, and this drink.
Toffee Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs just short of 2 sleeves
- ½ cup 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 8- oz packages cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 eggs at room temperature
- 1 bag toffee bits
- 1 15- oz can pumpkin or use homemade, it’s 1 ¾ cup
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- ⅔ cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoons salt
- Cool Whip or sweetened whipped cream for topping
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray a 9 or 10″ springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix crumbs and butter.
- Press in bottom of pan. Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Beat in 2 of the eggs.
- Stir in 1 cup of the toffee bits.
- Spread over crust.
- Mix pumpkin, whipping cream, ⅔ cup sugar, the cinnamon, pumpkin pie seasoning, salt and remaining 3 eggs just until blended.
- Slowly and carefully spoon over cheesecake layer.
- Bake for 2 hours or until edge of cheesecake is set at least 2 inches from edge of pan but center still jiggles slightly when moved.
- Turn oven off; open oven door at least 4 inches.
- Leave cheesecake in oven 30 minutes.
- Run spatula around edge of pan.
- Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Run spatula around edge of pan; remove side of pan.
- Pipe whipped topping or whipped cream around edges of cheesecake; sprinkle with remaining toffee bits.