Autumn Spinach Salad- this salad is a great addition your Thanksgiving meal or add some grilled chicken breast to make it meal.
What's in the Autumn Spinach Salad:
Apples -I slice and add my apples right before eating so they don't turn brown.
salt and pepper
Spinach Salad variations:
For this salad you can swap the feta for gorgonzola cheese and the dried cranberries can be replaced with dried cherries. This salad can easily be adapted to fit your tastes.
I like to serve this salad in a shallow bowl so all the toppings to fall to the bottom. This one looks nice. The dressing can be made a day in advance and stored in a glass jar with a lid. Shake really well before pouring over the salad.
Autumn Spinach Salad
- 10 oz baby spinach
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 apples red or green will work
- ½ cup grapes cut in half or quartered
- ¼ cup sugared pecans
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice fresh or in the bottle
- 2 Tbsp shallots, minced
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- In a bowl combine spinach, cranberries, grapes, pecans, green onion and apple (if serving right away, otherwise add apple right before)Toss all together
- Pour dressing over the top and toss again
- Add all ingredients to a jar with a lid and shake really well. Can be made a day in advance, but shake really well again before pouring over the salad.
Looking for more salad recipes: Try this summer salad
and this pumpkin cheesecake.