Easy New England Clam Chowder- This recipe is the easiest way to make New England Clam Chowder. It uses cream soups and it's perfect for taking to a soup party or on a busy night.
Ingredients for clam chowder:
Cream of celery
Cream of Potato
New England Clam Chowder
Half and Half
Open all cans and pour into a slow cooker, add half and half and butter and cook on high for two hours or low for four hours.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is best served with New England Chowder? A roll and salad or great choices if it's your main course.
How long is it good for? It will stay good for at least one week in the refrigerator.
I like it best with oyster crackers served on top.
Can this be made on the stovetop? Yes, add all ingredients to a large pot and let it gently warm up. Stir several times and watch for the butter to melt. After the butter has melted let it continue to cook on low/medium for 20 minutes.
[Easy} New England Clam Chowder
- slow cooker
- 2 cans cream of potato soup 10.5 ounce cans
- 2 cans cream of celery soup 10.5 ounce cans
- 2 cans New England Clam Chowder use 10.5 ounce cans if you can find them. I usually just use one of the bigger cans since I can't find the 10.5 size.
- 1 can minced clams-drained
- 1 qt. half & half
- 1 stick butter I use unsalted since there's a lot of salt in the soup
- Pour all soups into the slow cooker
- Add clams
- Add half and half
- Stir to combine
- Add butter and pepper to taste
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours or low four 4 hours.
- If cooking on the stove top, add all ingredients to a stock pot and stir frequently. Cook on medium heat until butter melts them lower temperature and cook for 20 more minutes.
Looking for more soup recipes?
Here are a couple more of our favorites
Leave a Reply