Breakfast Bagel Sandwich- I've got a yummy breakfast that I'm excited to share and I'm going to tell you about the best bagels to use to make these delicious sandwiches.
What you need for breakfast bagel sandwiches:
Bagel Thins- I have used a certain store's brand of these and they were not nearly as good, so I stick with the Thomas brand because they really do taste better.
Deli Ham- you can use bacon, sausage or just have egg and cheese
By baking all the eggs at once in a 9x13 pan you save time and have eggs that fit better on the sandwich. I prefer to assemble the sandwich the morning of so I can toast the bagel. I keep a few eggs in the refrigerator and the rest in the freezer. This method still involves a few minutes of work but since the eggs are cooked you're saving a bunch of time. Sitting in a drive thru would still take longer than this does so there's one way of looking at it.
There are many ways to make a breakfast sandwich. You can use English muffins, toast, biscuits and several different meat options. I'm just sharing one of the many ways they can be made.
Check out some more of my breakfast recipes:
Breakfast Bagel Sandwich
- 12 eggs
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- pepper to taste
- meat of your choice Enough for 12 sandwiches, if you plan to have the meat ready ahead of time.
- 12 slices of american cheese.
- A few dashes of hot sauce optional
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Crack eggs in a medium bowl and whisk really well.
- Add salt and pepper and hot sauce, if using
- Spray a 9x13 pan and pour egg mixture into pan and bake for 20 minutes, or just until the center is set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Cut into 12 squares and place in an airtight container.
- If you wish, you can freeze eggs in a freezer bag
Assembling Breakfast Bagel Sandwiches
- Toast and lightly butter bagel
- microwave egg for 10-15 seconds, add cheese and allow to melt
- Microwave meat that either needs re heated or based on package instructions.
- Place meat on bottom bagel followed by egg and cheese and then place top bagel on top.
Leave a Reply