Puff Pastry Cherry Turnovers- Store bought puff pastry sheets and a can of cherry pie filling make these turnovers incredibly easy to make and so delicious to eat.
If you've ever been to Arby's then you're probably familiar with the yummy looking pastries that are placed behind the counter. Well now you can make them at home anytime you want.
Ingredients for puff pastry cherry turnovers:
Puff Pastry Sheets- found in the frozen section
Cherry pie filling
Instructions for cherry turnovers:
Thaw puff pastry according to package directions. Cut each sheet into four squares, there will be eight squares total. Add cherry pie filling to each square and fold one of the corners over onto the other corner to make a triangle. Brush around edges and over top with egg white and bake. After cooled, top with frosting.
Store cherry turnovers in an airtight container for two days and reheat in the microwave for ten seconds.
You can customize these for your preference. Switch out the flavor of pie filling, apple or blueberry would be great choices. Nutella would be yummy too.
Puff Pastry Cherry Turnovers
- 1 package puff pastry sheets found in frozen section
- 1 can cherry pie filling you can also use apple or blueberry
- 1 egg white, well beaten
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Thaw puff pastry according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Unroll puff pastry, and using a pizza cutter cut into four even sized squares
- Use 1 TBSP of filling in the center of each square
- Pull one of corners over the top of filling and make a triangle shape
- Brush edges and the tops with beaten egg white
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
- Allow to cool completely before adding the glaze
- In a mixing bowl add powdered sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Using a whisk, gently whisk together all ingredients until a nice smooth, drizzling consistency is reached.
- Gently spoon the glaze over the tops or use a ziploc bag with the corner snipped to pipe the glaze on.
More sweet recipes: