Fresh Squeezed Lemonade: The perfect drink on a hot summer day!
As mentioned in this post, I have another lemon recipe today! I love a cold glass of fresh lemonade. There is no better way to cool off on a hot day than with a glass of freshly squeezed lemons mixed with sugar and water. It really is that simple and it is cheaper than buying the powdered mix too.
Since I am a lone lemonade drinker it is easier for me to just make a single serve glass rather than an entire pitcher. Since Jason doesn’t like lemonade and I usually have lemons I can make a glass and be drinking it almost instantly. There is a little bit of a process to making your own fresh squeezed lemonade, but it is not difficult and it will be well worth it once you take that first sip.
- 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup water
- Rinse off lemons and cut in thin slices.
- Place lemons, salt and sugar in a medium saucepan and mash lemons with a potato masher or spoon.
- Mash until the sugar is dissolved.
- Juice will thicken to a thin syrup consistency.
- The juicing should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Using a strainer pour the liquid into a large measuring glass or pitcher. Squeeze the lemons again to catch any leftover juice. Stir in water and chill for one hour or drink soon afterward.
- I have yet to let my lemonade chill. I just fill a glass with ice and drink right away.