Peanut Butter Blossoms- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough rolled in sugar, baked and topped with a chocolate kiss.
These cookies are such a Christmas classic and quickly becoming one of my new favorites to make this time of year. Unfortunately, I think we have all grabbed one of these off the cookie tray and discovered they were awfully dry. This recipe makes a nice, chewy cookie!!
What's needed to make Peanut Butter Blossoms:
Tools to make the cookies:
Tips for making Peanut Butter Blossoms:
Use soft butter, but not too soft because then your cookies may spread too much while baking.
Before making the cookies, unwrap the chocolate kisses, place in a bowl in the refrigerator. This will help them to hold their shape when placed in the hot cookie dough.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar plus more for rolling the dough into
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Unwrap chocolate kisses and place in refrigerator
- Heat oven to 375°
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and egg with mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda until dough forms
- Use a small bowl and place about ¼ cup of sugar for rolling the dough into. You can use festive color sugar to roll the dough into if you prefer.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and roll in granulated sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Press one chocolate kiss on center of each cookie as soon as they are done baking. Remove from baking sheet and place on a cooling rack.
Check out some more of my Christmas recipes:
Leave a Reply