Strawberry Cream Pie-Fresh strawberries and a creamy pie filling with a strawberry glaze on top is the ultimate strawberry pie.
I feel like summer is quickly about to be over and I don’t want another summer to go by without sharing one of my favorite pie recipes with you. This is a dessert that I make every spring after we have visited the orchard and brought home fresh strawberries. I have made this recipe using a graham cracker crust and my homemade pie crust and I prefer my traditional pastry crust. However, you decide which crust you want to use because both are great. There are a few different steps that need to be followed, but it’s an easy and great tasting strawberry cream pie and I think you will love it.
What you need for strawberry cream pie:
Graham Cracker Crust or Traditional Pie Crust
Strawberries (5 cups total)
Heavy Whipping Cream
I love to use my Fiestaware pie plate for this recipe but any 9.5 inch pie plate will work.
How far in advance can strawberry cream pie be made?
This pie needs to be refrigerated for several hours, but I don’t recommend making it too far in advance so I would say not longer than one day.
Strawberry Cream Pie
- 1 Pie Crust or Graham Cracker Crust
- 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar; divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heaving whipping cream, whipped
- 5 cups strawberries; divided 4 cups remain whole with stems removed, 1 cup strawberries will be smashed
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup water
- Prepare pie crust as necessary and allow to cool
- Blend together the cream cheese and 1/2 cup of sugar
- Add Vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl, whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form
- Gently fold the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture
- Spread mixture into the cooled pie crust and place the four cups of whole strawberries, stems cut and cut side down on top of the cream filling and refrigerate while making the strawberry glaze.
- Mash 1 cup of strawberries and place in a saucepan
- Add 1 cup of sugar and the cornstarch to the saucepan with strawberries
- Add water
- Cook and stir over medium heat until boiling; stir constantly until thickened.
- Remove from saucepan to cool in a separate bowl
- Spoon glaze over the top of the cream mixture with the strawberries on top and refrigerate for four hours.
Looking for more pie recipes? This butterfinger pie is great year round. Do you have fresh peaches? If so, this peach pie is amazing! There’s also my coconut pie and another one of my favorites is white pie.