S’mores Cookie Bars-Chunks of chocolate chips baked in cookie dough and topped with big marshmallows!
S’mores are one of my favorite treats! Recently, I had a hunger for s’mores. Not that this craving is unusual because it is not, however, I knew I wanted to bake something s’mores related. I figured my square bar pan would be the perfect thing to use and big marshmallows would be the best fit.
I used a basic cookie dough recipe and added chocolate chunks and baked bars instead of cookies. Once the cookies were set I topped them with a marshmallow, cut in half, and placed the bars back in the oven so the marshmallows could melt and become an ooey gooey mess!
While we are discussing s’mores….did you know that Dairy Queen has a s’more blizzard right now? I really hope it is not a seasonal blizzard because it could quickly replace my usual health blizzard flavor. Have I mentioned we are BIG ice cream eaters around here?!? Last Friday the hubs and I went out for dinner and after we were done eating he thought it would be a good idea to get Dairy Queen. He is full of great ideas! Anyways, I was going to get a small strawberry sundae. I figured I would not indulge too much and if I got a fruit sundae then it would be healthy. 😉 However, when we got there and I saw the advertisement for the s’mores blizzard, well I knew exactly what I was ordering and it was not the strawberry sundae.
The s’mores blizzard was good. Very,very good! Jason wanted to trade me his cookie dough blizzard for my s’mores. I said, “no.” Even though, I did share!
Before my recent introduction to a s’mores blizzard I made these cookies. I found chocolate chunks at the store and instantly knew it was going to be a s’mores related recipe.
If you are like me and are not planning on being around a campfire in the near future then you need to bake these cookies to get your s’mores craving satisfied. If you do not have a s’mores craving then share with those around you because these are too delicious not to share.
I will always have some more s’more! 🙂
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 package of chocolate chunks or chocolate morsels
- 1 package of big marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat butter, sugars and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Stir in the morsels.
- Scoop dough into bar pan or spoon onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 min, depending on your oven.
- Once bars are golden brown and not gooey then place half a marshmallow on each bar and place back in the oven for about 2-4 minutes.
- Allow bars to cool in pan on a wire rack before removing from pan.